Default installing a water hammer arrestor

I'm looking to install a store-bought water hammer arrestor at the faucet,
without soldering. For this, I would require an adapter that goes from the
3/8 inch compression thread that is common on faucet shut-offs (where I
would tee off to attach the arrestor) to the 1/2 inch pipe thread that the
adapter has. Problem is, such an adapter does not appear to exist, or
at least, none of the stores in my area carry one.
Anybody ever install a water hammer arrestor this way? How did you do it?