Richard Clements

Marine Varnish, about 3 coats take forever to dry, but it's worth the wait

Ryan Brooke wrote:

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 10:52:39 -0800, "Brian" wrote:

"Ryan Brooke" wrote in message
. ..

Is a thick top made of construction 2x4 bolted and glued worth the
effort

or
would I be better off with 2-3 inches of MDF with a replaceable plywood

top.

I'd go with the laminated MDF. I wouldn't even use a plywood top
personally.

I use a lot of water based product.
I would need to seal the MDF.

What is the downside of using arborite desktops?
They are 1" thick MDF and the standard size of 30x60 (my bench size) are

cheap
as hell from second hand office supply stores. replacing them would be a

snap.

Nothing. Many people use them. Solid core doors are another option.

Brian.