Andrew Mawson

Default infestation of small gnats/flies

"Jonathan Ives" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I have noticed over the last few months that my house appears to
contain a large number of small flies. I'm not an entomologist but
these are not houseflies , they are much smaller, almost the size of
gnats. They are not mosquitos and do not bite but seem to often buzz
around, often orbiting my head it appears. They appear in all rooms in
ones or twos and I can't figure out where they come from. I have
checked house plants and fruit bowls and none appear to be the
epicenter. The house is clean and we have no animals

I don't like using fly spray and things which give off chemicals, and
have so far resorted to fly papers to catch as many as possible.

Anyone had a similar experience. maybe its a recognised phenomena ?

Sound like fruit flies - do you have an open bowl of fruit out sometimes?

Andrew