Asimov

"LASERandDVDfan" bravely wrote to "All" (13 Dec 04 03:53:10)
--- on the heady topic of " Sony KV27S15 weak CRT"

LA From: (LASERandDVDfan)

"Ultor" now thats one I haven't heard in awhile....
Lenny.

LA Heheheh.

LA "The ultor zapped me!"

LA "What? I think you've been watching too much 'Flash Gordon.'"

LA "No. I forgot to arc it to the DAG first!" - Reinhart

What is the origin of the word ULTOR...?
I'm venturing a guess the letter U represents voltage...
Maybe then followed by Line Transformer Output Regulated?
The dictionary describes it as:

Ultor - An adjective used to identify the picture-tube anode or
element furthest from the cathode, the anode to which the highest
voltage is applied, or the voltage itself (e.g. the ultor anode is the
second anode of the picture tube, and the ultor voltage is the voltage
applied to it).

How can I use the word Ultor as an adjective? The 2nd anode is so very
ultor? More ultor? Most ultor? Or rather: ultor, ultorer, ultorest?

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Man, that lightning sounds clos;3F_k6AW? NO CARRIER