BobS

Fred said......

The problem with this device is people becoming dependent on it and being

careless, and then at a most inopportune moment, the device fails.

Sorta like brakes on a vehicle then....?

After all, it is only an electromechanical device, and such devices have

certainly been known to fail. It remains that the best safety device
ever invented is a clear mind and proper technique. And I realize that

the SawStop has been thoroughly tested on hot dogs without failure, but
1: That certainly doesn't mean that it won't fail. And I believe

that they don't guarantee that it won't fail.
2. When I want to cut up a hot dog I use a knife instead of my table

saw anyway.

I guess you then don't use the brakes on your vehicle.....?

I believe a lot of the controversy on this subject was not so much the
technicalities but that the company tried to have legislation introduced
that would mandate this safety device. It would probably greatly minimize
the potential damage done to skin and bone versus the number of failures it
may experience but if you're the one it fails on - then you certainly
wouldn't agree.

Like brakes on a vehicle - they've been known to fail also.

Bob S.