Charlie Self

Bruce Barnett notes:

"Fred" writes:

A good and fair question - but to me the dangers of this device far exceed
this question. The problem with this device is people becoming dependent

on
it and being careless, and then at a most inopportune moment, the device
fails.

You mean, after 3 or 4 CLOSE calls, and spending several hundreds of
dollars replacing blades and catridges, they will become careless and
lose a hand?

You know, I have a neighbor who accidentally set his house on fire
three times. The last time (he was thawing a frozen pipe with a
propane torch) the house caught fire so bad he lost the whole house
(No, I don't know if the insurance company paid him. And his wife and
two little girls were with him when he did it).

I guess my point is this:

1) Some people are freakin' careless.
2) Some people are freakin' dumb as a post.

These people will ALWAYS be an issue. SawStop has nothing to do with it.
And I can't see how SawStop would make things worse for these people.

Wait - I thought of something.....

If they have SawStop AND they disable it, yes - it could make things
worse. But if it's always enabled, and works, it HAS to help.

Only helps if you stick body parts in the blade.

Charlie Self
"Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." Mark Twain