Joseph Meehan

pe wrote:
Hi all: Earlier this year, we had a new Bradford White 50 gal. gas
water heater installed in our home. Recently we went on a 2 week
vacation and turned the thermostat down to the "Vacation" setting
before we left. On our return, and before turning the thermostat
back to its normal hot setting, we had occasion to turn on the hot
water faucets in the house and discovered, to our surprise, that the
water came out just as hot as when the thermostat is set to its
normal hot setting. The plumber who installed the unit checked out
the thermostat and thinks its working properly. If the water in the
tank is hot after two weeks with the thermostat set to "Vacation",
does that suggest there's a malfunction in the thermostat or
elsewhere in the appliance? And if the purpose of the "Vacation"
setting is to prevent the unit from firing and is working properly,
what kept the water hot for two weeks? Thanks for your replies! PE

As noted, it only turned it down. You might not notice the difference
especially if it is coming through a anti-scald device like you will find on
most modern showers.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math