dadiOH

jeff wrote:
I recently moved into a townhouse. I'm finding roughly 2 wasps per
week inside the house, and almost always they are found in the living
room. There is a fireplace in the living room, and I believe they are
coming in through the chimney flue of the fireplace. After
suspecting this, I opened the flue cover one time, to see if there
was any activity there, and a wasp came in. I think it's reasonable
to assume this is where they are coming from. There does not seem
to be any other place that they would be likely to come in through.
I normally keep the cover to the flue closed, but there are 2 small
gaps in the cover they could fly in through.

I have not used the fireplace since I moved in. The flue to this
fireplace appears to be a metal duct. Would simply starting up a
fire in the fireplace be a good way to solve this problem?

Oh, man, that would **** them off *GOOD*. Any that escaped - there are
bound to be survivors - would go crying and whining to their cousin
hornets and yellow jackets and the whole lot would be laying for you the
first time you poked your murdering nose out the door.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.05...