rob

Default Problem with CH (Potterton gas boiler not lighting)

"Reckless" wrote in message
Hiya all,

I've got a Potterton 30F gas boiler in the kitchen which (today of all
days!) has gone on the blink. What's happening is that it is trying to

start
but not lighting. I can hear the fan engage then the microswitch on the
Pressure Switch clicks (which I assume is in response to the fan) but

maybe
it isn't it?! The boiler stays like this for 5 ish seconds then powers

down
the fan and it does this repeatedly.

It's a tad cold today and I'd appreciate it if someone has some advice on
what to look at/replace without having to spend £'s on a call out.

Thanks in advance, Adam

I heard a whisper about Potterton sending out boilers with faulty

circuit boards. My mate at work has had a similar problem, he contacted
Corgi(of all people), apparently there is a big court case about this
fiasco, as potterton knew they were faulty when they sent them out. My mate
got it repaired even out of warranty.
Try corgi, ask if they have heard anything.
If you have no joy, come back to me, and I'll ask him if I can give his
e-mail address, so he can tell you the whole story.
rob

remove xxx to reply