WEBPA wrote:

My only hint is that the (main) capacitor in a strobe light is quite

capable of
killing you.

Thanks, but may years ago I got a shock from a 400uf capacitor charged
to 450 volts. From hand to hand. It made me tremble for MANY
minutes. I've been really careful since then.

It can also irreversably remove a finger or two.

How? There's not that much charge in a 100uf 300V capacitor.

It is also capable of exploding like a blasting cap or 1/4 stick of

dynamite and spraying
molten aluminum and boiling caustic liquids around the room.

Now come on! Every electrolytic made since 1938 has some overpressure
release vent in the rubber end plug or score marks on the aluminum
case. I've blown a few electrolytics in my time and they all just made
a mild hiss and a bad smell. Nowhere near the pyrotechnics you
suggest!

( except if you insert the cap leads into the AC line plug, then you do
get a bit more fun ). But we're not doing that.

Regards,

grg

I think I'll just closr up the case and be glad I didnt fry anything
else. C amera works fine when in normal light.