Phisherman

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:54:48 -0500, "Noah Vail"
wrote:

My significant other is absolutely right about almost everything. So much
so, that I am almost doubting myself on this issue.

Here is the problem...

When I bring firewood into the house, I first make a small pile, of about
four logs, by my back door. I make this little stack by the door so that I
can have quick access to the logs when the fire requires replenishing. It
saves me the time of putting on my shoes to walk the extra 10 steps to the
wood pile and pulling back the tarp that covers the wood. The trouble, as
my S.O. sees it, is that the logs leave crumbs of wood on the asphalt
driveway which connects to the concrete foundation outside my back door,
will cause termites to invade our house. The only wooden part of my house
that is close to it is a painted wooden door frame.

Now granted, you aren't supposed to store wood or have mulch close to your
house, but it is my belief is that these little pieces of wood are
absolutely and positively no danger of "attracting" termites. Heck, the
wood pile is ten steps away! Why wood... errr... would they bother with
these little bits of dry wood when they have so many other sources of moist
wood all around us? Heck... I live in the forest! sigh

Anyway... do any of you see any harm from leaving crumbs of wood... or even
a log of wood outside my back door?

TIA
Noah

There's little concern. But to keep your S.O. happy agree to sweep up
the crumbs once in awhile. I suspect a deeper problem than wood
crumbs.