JhnWil875

Default Fridge/freezer replacement

Subject: Fridge/freezer replacement
From: Andy Hall am

I find that messing around with domestic appliances that are
unreliable just isn't worth the time and trouble. Many years ago, I
adopted a policy of only buying good quality products with good
service backup that hopefully will never be required.

Many years ago I adopted a policy of buying the cheapest appliance that would
suit my requirements, I find that there is no great difference between the
reliability if the cheapest appliance and the more expensive ones with some
notable exceptions like Indeset which most people are aware of if they do a
little research.

For example a Servis Grade A energy grade A wash washing machine for £180, I
can actually buy 2 or more of these compared to a £360 to £440 machine and most
domestic appliances are easy to fix when they go wrong.

With the more expensive German machines the spare parts are often 5 times the
cost of the cheaper ones.

In reliability tests sometimes and I stress sometimes the cheaper makes are
actually more reliable, White Knight for example with tumble dryers and Candy
with dishwashers.

My 11.3 Cu Ft. Beko Frost Free Fridge Freezer for £240, again I can buy two of
these compared to more expensive Fridge Freezers and the money I save can go to
a extended warranty if so desired.

Also buying appliances is a bit of a gamble anyway, it does not matter if your
expensive appliance has a failiure rate of just 7% compared to a failiure rate
of 10% for an appliance costing half the more reliable appliance if you are
unlucky enough to have your more expensive appliance fail.

Regards,

John.