Ed

Default Blinking light on Panasonic PV-DV203D

I seem to have a problem with my Panasonic PV-DV203D.

I looked through the manual and found nothing related.

http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/PVDV203.PDF[/url]

My power light will be ok initially when turned on, but it will only
do an action (FF, rec, play) for like 1 second before stopping and
switching nearly off and blinking the red LED power light very slowly.
I can turn it off and unplug to make it go away, but I only get
another second out of it.

No warnings, no nothing but crappy behavior.

I tried with a recharded battery and plugged directly into the power
cord, same behavior.

I tried with different tapes just to see, same behavior.

I looked through and searched the manual, nothing.

Any thoughts? Am I screwed out of a $500 (when I bought it)
camcorder?

I tried to contact Panasonic but nothing yet... Still waiting. Will
call Monday. And I am just a week past my one year warranty.

I have seen a few threads on www.camcorderinfo.com but no one appears
to really know what is going on...

Any thoughts? Please help!