Lar

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:54:48 -0500, "Noah Vail"
wrote:

Now granted, you aren't supposed to store wood or have mulch close to your
house, but it is my belief is that these little pieces of wood are
absolutely and positively no danger of "attracting" termites. Heck, the
wood pile is ten steps away! Why wood... errr... would they bother with
these little bits of dry wood when they have so many other sources of moist
wood all around us? Heck... I live in the forest! sigh

Anyway... do any of you see any harm from leaving crumbs of wood... or even
a log of wood outside my back door?

The only concern would be if you kept thewood there year round. The
colony will have many spots around the yard they will feed at. The
same colony can be feeding on the wood pile, getting into your home,
feeding off of mulch in your neighbor's flowerbed and any "little"
pieces of wood they may come across.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Dancing dog is back!
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/smartdog.wmv