Roger Shoaf

"WHoME?" wrote in message

If you are going to texture your own sheetrock, why not use the roll on
texture and then just trowl it out?

--

Roger Shoaf

never heard of roll on texture, how does that work?? i actually wanted an
orange peel texture.

There is a couple of ways. First of all you can mix some latex primer with
joint compound and apply with a regular paint roller. This will give you a
stipple finish, very easy to blend and match.

At Home Depot they sell a premix along the same line and a roller cover that
has plastic loops that applies the compound rather thick. Then you use a
trowel to knock it down and swirl it a bit.

I prefer either if these to the machine finishes as making repairs are
simple. A lot of the pro drywall people like the machine splatter as it
hides a multitude of sins but it is a pain to match when your kid knocks a
hole in the wall.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.