mypet

Thanks for all the possibilities. We tried unplugging the set to
return it to factory presets with no luck.
Being as I'm not comfortable with electronics, I call the repair guy.
He tried to adjust the color from the remote (I'd already tried) with
no luck. He then opened the set and did something to adjust it from
the inside and this did the trick.
The screen he was using looked just like the one I use from the remote,
but this method worked and he was able to get the picture adjusted.
Why would it work from the inside of the set and not from the remote?
He also said that he noted that we had an Hitachi "board" in the set,
not a Zenith. Does this mean we might get lucky and not have the usual
Zenith Tube problems noted by other posters?