Clarence

"Guy Macon" wrote in message

Mitch Berkson wrote:
Guy Macon wrote:

Because of the large demand for these, I am raising the price in order
to avoid being out of stock, so this is that last one I will be
offering at this low price.

Would have emailed this, but you don't give an email address. In the
auction description is the upper capacitance value a mistake? It looks like
there is a 0.08 uF cap, but the description says the capacitance range is
100 pF to 0.06 uF. So should probably be 0.17 uF?

Thanks! You are correct; that is an error. As you can see in picture

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting
the on/off switches chose between the following values:

0.08uF
0.04uF
0.02uF
0.01uF = Top decade, adjustable from 0uf to 0.15uF in 0.01uF steps

0.008uF
0.004uF
0.002uF
0.001uF = Middle decade, adjustable from 0uf to 0.015uF in 0.001uF steps

800pF
400pF
200pF
100pF = Bottom decade, adjustable from 0pf to 1500pF in 100pF steps

So the total is adjustable from 0uF to 0.01665uF in 100pF steps.
The capacitors are +/- 7.5%, so that's the maximum difference from
setting error. You can, of course, tweak that up and down until
you are within 7.5pF of your desired value, subject to how accurate
your capacitance meter is.

I will correct the error on all future listings.

I would like to send you one for free for correcting my error.
Please email me with the address you want it sent to. If you
have bid on the auction, please let me know and I will cancel
your bid (unless, of course, you want two of them!) My email
address is engineer [at] guymacon [dot] com. Thanks again for
finding the error.

So how many did you sell?