TEF

One method of holding the blade while truning the arbor nut is to clamp the
blade with vise grips (as a caliper grabs a rotor on a car). The vise grips
will not pass thru the throat plate opening and will prevent the blade from
spinning while you apply pressure to the nut with a wrench. It will also
free up your other hand.

"Tom Holman" wrote in message
Trying to remove a plywood blade, and when I lodge a piece of hard maple
against it, it is not enough to prevent blade from turning and nut on

arbor
will not move. I am trying to move it counterclockwise. Anyone have any
tricks? Help!