Simon Avery

Default BES

"G&M" wrote:

Hello G&M

GM| Having moaned about Screwfix's 'next day' deliveries always
GM| taking 2 days,

Always seem to, but it depends on the courier.

Usually they delivered to me via citylink or some other courier who
uses employees cars (one guy even delivered a screwfix parcel in a
brand new range rover), but a got an order through last week that was
done by parcelforce.

I like parceforce because if nobody is around and they need a
signature, they take it to the local post office. Citylink's nearest
depot is 50 minutes away and keeps odd hours.

Anyway - I ordered online on Thursday at about 2.30PM. Got an email
saying it had been collected by PF at 5.45. Turned up next day - all
on basic delivery fee.

And the order was complete and well packed.

Don't know how good their service will be when they move up north
though.

(Old shower out today, new feed piping chased into walls and mixer
fixed.)

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/