PoP

Default Moving BT master socket, is this frowned upon?

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 21:11:30 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

Datacentres use air conditioning, at not inconsiderable cost, to
maintain a realtively constant low temperature because the equipment
manufacturers suggest that reliability in the short and long run is
improved.

The air conditioning in datacentres usually also performs
environmental scrubbing operations - removing dust particles from the
air.

If dust were allowed to continue circulating then the equipment
motherboards (etc) would over time acquire an overcoat of dust. That
could potentially cause localised overheating at chip level.

However I digress. I'm showing my own long-term knowledge of working
in a maintenance role in datacentres

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If
you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk

I apologise for the additional effort, however the
level of unsolicited email I receive makes it
impossible to advertise my real email address!