Charlie Self

Cox West responds:

He's a finish carpenter. For trim, and wall covering, no one's going to
walk on it. I have poplar in some places in my home. Door openings and
other trim. It holds up fine and carefully chosen pieces have some nice
grain patterns.

I don't think I'd care for it. If I were going to sub for cherry, alder makes a
better choice. I think of poplar baseboards, door trim and chair rail and I
think ot bumps and dents. Window trim, fine, crown molding fine. Elsewhere, not
so fine.

Charlie Self
"Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." Mark Twain