Fred

"dadiOH" wrote in message

I appreciate the help! I'm not that familiar with wood types, but
"5.2" is what they call it -- just under 1/4-inch. Not plywood -
solid. Looks like door skin material only they say it's made for
outdoors. I thought it might look better than plywood.

5.2 millimeters. Never seen solid wood that size (available for
purchase). Where do you get it and what's its intendeed purpose?

Hmm...you said "they said it is *made* for outdoors". You sure it isn't
plywood?

I could be wrong about being solid -- it might be plywood -- will take a
closer look next time. I just did a quick search and found that Luaun is
imported from Philippines and SE Asia and used a lot for kayak and other
boat bottoms. Don't know why though. Both plywood and veneer are made - the
one I saw was solid 5.2mm thickness at Home Depot. It was $10.52 for a 4 x 8
sheet. The thickness is usually listed in millimeters.