DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Grant Erwin wrote:

Once it is all done, it needs to be put on a web page somewhere
-- one accessible to anyone, not ones requiring signing up to a service
to access them

Hear, hear. Yahoo groups *suck*.

, and the location added to Scott Logan's regular posting
of FAQ links.

Is anyone *ever* going to update the RCM FAQ, barely touched in 10 years?

I think that nobody who follows the newsgroup is still in a
position to edit it. It needs to be somebody with an account on that
system, and write access to the anonymous ftp spool directory.

Does anyone know who *used* to maintain the FAQ there? Did he
retire without appointing a successor, or did he die?

The archiving of the newsgroup there is running on autopilot,
which is why a few years ago several copies of a then common
newsgroup/email virus wound up in that archive. Not a problem for me
(with a unix system), and probably would be caught by any modern
anti-virus program (unless it is so old that they have fallen off the
signature list), but there is nobody there to remove the files. (This
means that all of the massively off-topic crap is in there, too. :-(

It's because of the non-support for the FAQ that I did the 4x6 bandsaw FAQ
http://www.tinyisland.com/4x6bsFAQ.html

Good thing to do.
Thanks,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564