jim rozen

In article , DoN. Nichols says...

He does not have a collet chuck, but (apparently) a lever-style
collet closer -- a much better setup if you have the choice.

The 10K uses a bit of a funky collet but if he has the set then
there's no reason not to use them. As you say the lever closer is
a big step up from a handwheel setup.

I found this out by accident, because my first 9" SB machine
happened to come with one. It was so obviously superior to
the other kind that when I traded up to a 10L, that was one
thing I purchased with the lathe, and kept when I traded up
to a better machine of the same type.

Jim

please reply to: