Grant Erwin

Hi;
I need to fill 3 holes that are 5/8" dia in 1/4 mild steel.
I only have a stick welder. I will need to re-drill through
the area to correct the hole locations. What has worked best
for you (using only arc welder),would welding in a bolt and grinding
it flush be too dificult to re-drill through ?
Thanks
Bead_runner

Also cross posted to welding group

This one's easy. Cut a *larger* hole (torch? plasma? hole saw?) and make
a piece that fits in there. Fit it together carefully and weld it in
place. You can grind the welds smooth if it matters, but if strength
is an issue leave them there. Then re-machine your hole. - GWE