Default Home Depot Or Lowe's: Price/Service Comparison

I'm in the process of buying a house and one of the first remodelling
to-do items is customozing the closets in two of the bedrooms. I'd
like to have sliding mirrored doors installed in both (currently they
have no doors at all) and have custom shelving, rods, and drawers
installed.

Out of Home Depot and Lowe's, which is better for a job like this?
Which has lower prices? Good service? Quality items? Is there another
store that I should be looking at as well (I'm in southern California)?

I guess I'm looking for a Target/Wal-Mart comparison. Target is a
little bit more expensive but the quality is better. I've never dealt
with either Home Depot or Lowe's and understand that the scope of
redoing closets can be a sizeable job if not done correctly. I visited
Lowe's and depending on the size of the closet, the mirrored doors
alone will run about $200 per room, and that's without the installation
or the cabinetry work needed inside. I haven't checked Home Depot
prices yet, but was hoping that someone could offer an informed
comparison of both stores.

Thanks in advance!

Joy