TURTLE

"jeff" wrote in message
news:2b6vd.1404$ag6.675@trndny07...
I recently moved into a townhouse. I'm finding roughly 2 wasps per week inside
the house, and almost always they are found in the living room. There is a
fireplace in the living room, and I believe they are coming in through the
chimney flue of the fireplace. After suspecting this, I opened the flue cover
one time, to see if there was any activity there, and a wasp came in. I think
it's reasonable to assume this is where they are coming from. There does not
seem to be any other place that they would be likely to come in through. I
normally keep the cover to the flue closed, but there are 2 small gaps in the
cover they could fly in through.

I have not used the fireplace since I moved in. The flue to this fireplace
appears to be a metal duct. Would simply starting up a fire in the fireplace
be a good way to solve this problem? If starting a fire isn't the solution,
then what do you recommend?

Thanks,

J.

This is Turtle.

Just build you a good fire in it and it should kill them all with the smoke it
makes. Now do be prepaired to deal with the wasps falling down into the fire or
making it to the room. Just watch out.

Now you could pull the cap on the roof and see down the pipe and tell where they
are and use wasps spray on them but don't have a fire at the same time. Had to
say it.

If this don't work Move out.

TURTLE