Ed Sirett

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:05:11 +0000, tez wrote:

Hi

After much searching I have finally found some kitchen door and base
units I like - at IKEA - 'ADEL white'. The only problem is I dont
like any of the worktops at IKEA.

I have found a nice worktop in Wickes - 'smooth black' worktop (not
the shiney plastic looking worktops but has a hard compound on the
chipboard that makes it feel smooth to the touch)

THe problem is IKEA units seem to be a different depth to other
kitchen manufacturers. Their units are all 60cm in depth, their
worktops are 62cm to overhang the units slightly. All the other
stores I have been t, including Wickes, sell 60cm depth worktops.

I have asked at Wickes in Bradford to see if they will cut a worktop
with a depth wider than 60cm but they wont.

Does anyone know of a store around leeds/bradford which sells this
type of smooth worktop and is prepared to cut them deeper than 60cm?

THanks for any help

You will get away with 60cm worktop on IKEA units provided that you dont
have to 'lose' any worktop depth due to :
a) Uneven walls - requiring trimming the worktop.
b) Uneven walls - packing out the base unit forwards.

If the above pertain thenyou will have to buy wider stuff (900mm double
edged?) and trim is down. I beleive that 700mm is also available but from
where, I dunno.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk