nick smith

Well, the "CORGI" man that came to certify my install (and found all just

fine)
twiddled the gas meter regulator to give the correct 21 mBar - it was a

bit low apparently.
Didn't involve BG though !

Ah! But he KNEW what he was doing :-)

Brian G

I would hope so, being CORGI and a "Professional"...

Ed - I wonder what the regulator adjustment IS for, if it's not for adjusting
the output pressure ?

It was only a couple of millibars low - I assume this is well below the
incoming supply pressure
and just maintains a steady pressure for the in house appliances, which
presumably have been
designed to or calibrated to work at 21 mBar plus or minus a small tolerance.
He just adjusted
this pressure to 21, so the appliances were in the centre of their design
supply pressure.
The meter did seem to be about 15 years old and I guess they drift with age and
wear and tear.

Nick