Tom

James Sweet stated so wisely:

If you ever start repairing more TV's and stuff you can pick one up
for under $50, they're pretty simple instruments.

This is a project and money saver for my retired dad, so not likely.

Flyback? I thought we were talking about yokes? You generally can't
test a flyback with an ohm meter, good ones are all over the map.

Yes, my mistake.

The CRT could be low on coolant, but that'd be easy to check by just
peering down the lense with a flashlight, if it's low it should be
obvious.

Okay, the CRT doesn't appear to be low on coolant. I did look inside
through the lens with the set on. Knowing that the skew was on the left
side of the screen, I looked into the lens of the blue CRT and on the
right side and I could see the skew very well. (It looked as if a sheet
of clear (or blue) plastic was in there and it had an upward curve in
that area as if it had been heat warped. I realize there isn't a sheet of
plastic in there, that's just what it looked like.

I replace the front screen and tried the user convergence adjustment
again and the blue + that is usually over the white(red/green/blue) +, is
way over at the left edge so that I can only see the right tip when I
move it to the right as far as it will go. I can see that tip move
up/down/left/right, although if I move it left, the tip disappears.

So...anymore ideas or information you need to help diagnose this?

If the CRT is bad, what will a replacement cost me?

Thank you,
Tom

"That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
-Henry Thoreau