Andrew Mawson

Default Andura Coatings? Need to do something about pebbledash...

"Anna Kettle" wrote in message
In summary I think the breathable coating is very good if on a sound

under
surface, but will be useless if the base is compromised.

My alternative (which would have been much cheaper) was to have it
re-pebbledashed, but I don't like the look of dashing and this coat
shouldn't need re-painting for 15 years or so.

The alternative which would look 1000's of times better and be very
breatheable is pargeted lime plaster with a limewash paint finish, but
then I expect pargeting is more pricey again than Andura cos it takes
a long time to do

Anna
--
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plasterwork, plaster conservation

Anna,

You would have been very welcome to quote!

How often though does the limewash need re-doing? This is a three storey
building - some of which needs scaffolding to access over low level
obstructions, and the last lot of scaffolding cost £550 for a couple of week
hire ! The Andura seems to last by all reports at least 15 years but
expected to be more like 25. If the limewash needs re-doing every few years
it becomes a heck of a price.

Andrew