Bubba

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:40:40 -0500, Taylor
wrote:

Bubba wrote:

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:59:45 -0500, Taylor
wrote:

I purchased my lawn mower (6.5 hp B&S engine) new in September. I
only needed to use a few short times to mow the front yard before
the first freeze came. Since the engine has hardly been used
much I was contemplating skipping the first seasonal oil change
this fall. Will this be ok for the engine? I like to keep the
oil clean but it seem silly to change it so soon.

I will run the gas tank dry as soon as I can get a decent day to
do it here.

Thanks!

Ok, Think real hard now Einstein.
Why Oh Why would you contemplate saving $2 for a quart of oil over the
risk of damaging your new lawnmower?
Sorry but your post just makes no sense at all.

Factory instructions say to change oil after first 5 hours of operation,
then every 25 hrs. I don't think it's even run for 1 hour yet, hence the
question.

Price of oil is not an issue, but wasting resources or time unnecessarily
is. Since B&S recommends synthetic oils, I plan to use Mobil 1 10W30 when
the oil is changed. (first time oil was supplied by factory).

After reading all the answers and you still cant figure it out.
Dont change it. Its simple. Then wonder for the next few years what
damage you may or may not have caused.
Wasting resources? Oh Christ. Now you're a freakin tree hugger.
Why use a gas powered mower and pollute the air in the first place?
Got get one of the old mechanical push lawnmowers. There, feel better?
Saving a $2 quart of oil or spending $300, $500 or $1000 for a new
mower just because you wanted to save some oil. Senseless boy,
Senseless!
Bubba