davefr

DON'T buy self stick vinyl tiles!! They're total crap!!

Use the template method and cut out and install sheet vinyl. Make
sure the existing floor is in good condition. If so, you don't need to
remove it.

Go to a real flooring store vs. Home Crapo and they'll sell you the
correct mastic for the sheet vinyl and subfloor.

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:07:48 -0600, "Lets Play Two"
wrote:

Hi Folks:

I've never laid down vinyl tile but my lady friend has asked me to do this
for her kitchen sometime in Jan/Feb.

She has old vinyl tile in her kitchen. Probobly will just lay down new
vinyl tile rather than ceramic. Is there a decent web-site that shows how
to do this?

Now for some questions after visiting home depot yesterday:

1. They have the self-sticking vinyl tile as well as the non-sticking vinyl
which requires the tile paste. Which is the best tile to get? The
self-sticking tile seems easier/cheaper to install but I have to wonder if
using the paste along with the non-sticking tile will produce better
results?

2. If going with the non-sticking tile, what is the best glue/adhesive to
use?

3. Home depot rents out an electric tile remover for $48 per day. Does
anyone have experience with these that can tell me if this is worth getting
rather than using a hand-scraper to remove the tile?

thanks for any advice!!!