Lets Play Two

Default Vinyl floor tile question(s)

Hi Folks:

I've never laid down vinyl tile but my lady friend has asked me to do this
for her kitchen sometime in Jan/Feb.

She has old vinyl tile in her kitchen. Probobly will just lay down new
vinyl tile rather than ceramic. Is there a decent web-site that shows how
to do this?

Now for some questions after visiting home depot yesterday:

1. They have the self-sticking vinyl tile as well as the non-sticking vinyl
which requires the tile paste. Which is the best tile to get? The
self-sticking tile seems easier/cheaper to install but I have to wonder if
using the paste along with the non-sticking tile will produce better
results?

2. If going with the non-sticking tile, what is the best glue/adhesive to
use?

3. Home depot rents out an electric tile remover for $48 per day. Does
anyone have experience with these that can tell me if this is worth getting
rather than using a hand-scraper to remove the tile?

thanks for any advice!!!