Yekal

I had a similar queery recentley I phoned Aga- Rayburn technical dept. told
them what I required and they told me every thing I needed to know, I
suggest ringing them they are very helpful and at least you know the advice
is correct.
"Mike" wrote in message

"BigWallop" wrote in message
.uk...

"Paul" wrote in message
om...
I'm getting some mixed responses regarding the necessity of having a
flue liner for a **coal only** burning Rayburn.

What is the assembled expert's view please?

Thanks.

Paul.

What type of flue system do you have? If it's an old chimney, then have

it
smoke tested to see if it leaks anywhere other than the top pot. If it
leaks, get the chimney re-lined. If it shows no signs of leakage, then
leave it alone.

I was told by my roofing guy that the building regs override this, though
I'm not sure where.
If this is a new installation then a flue liner must be installed.