The Guy wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have tips on balancing a one piece (non-sectional,
non-rollup) wooden garage door (2-car garage). I'm replacing all

four
springs, and putting in a new Genie screw drive opener (last one

lasted
26 yrs!) I've always been under the impression that if the door

holds
stationary when the bottom of the door is about a foot or two off the

ground that the door is balanced...is this true?

Should the spring tension be increased if the door does not hold
stationary...or decreased?

I'll post a summary if I get enough response.

TIA

--
SteveO

The door should stay fairly stationary (may drift a couple of inches)
at any point in the travel.

If the door drops the spring tension would be increased, if it wants to
fly open the tension would be decreased.
Doordoc
www.DoorsAndOpeners.com