Tom

James Sweet stated so wisely:

Using a flyback "ring tester" essentially injects a signal and counts

the
number of times an inductor resonates. A shorted turn will kill this
resonation very quickly.

Ahhh...I don't have that kind of equipment, as you've probably guessed.

Should be ok with a DC ohms test though.

And what Ohm range should a good flyback be?

QUESTION: Is there a chance that this gun might be low on fluid?
I apologize for not knowing the proper term for this component. Could you
please correct me on the nomenclature?

I do have a scope(although not very versed on it's usage), is there
something I could check that will narrow this down quickly with it?

Thank you,
Tom

"That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
-Henry Thoreau