Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article jiMtd.657$Qp.220@trnddc01,
"James Sweet" wrote:

Cooking even-ness is more a matter of cavity and waveguide design than
the power supply, I don't know about you but I don't remember the last time
I used anything less than full power to cook in a microwave, the lower power
I've only used for defrosting.

Mine is a combo LG unit. I regularly use lower microwave power settings
in combination with the grill so thick cuts like chicken legs, for
example, are nicely browned on the outside while being properly cooked
on the inside.

I was also experimenting with different microwave settings for cooking
rice without having the water spill everywhere inside the oven.
Currently I do 3 minutes at 100% (it's an 850W oven), followed by 15
minutes or more at 60%, depending on the size of the serving. There's
still some spillage, but it manages to cook nicely.