Gunner

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:50:31 GMT, Charles Morrill
wrote:

Is their a consensus out there regarding small surface grinders?
I may be moving in that direction when I get back on my feet after an
illness so I'm trying to find out as much as I can about them. There
seem to be a whole lot of Boyar-Schultzs out there - at least on ebay -
for not an incredible amout of money. Then there is a Reid machine
described in all caps from someone in Hartford...that looks a little
risky..
It's all probably just a pipe dream, but I've got to stay off
machines for at least a couple weeks until I heal up after a rare
epileptic siezure. Hey, at least I can dream and catch up on those
copies of The Machinist Bedside Reader from last Christmas.

Charles Morrill

Charles..where are you located? Ive 2 Boyer Shultz grinders that are
project machines..one needs spindle bearings and the other an infeed
nut, that Id lelt go very very reasonably. Cheap as hell in fact G

They both of course need a clean up and paint. Shrug. Either will
clean up and be good machines.

Im near Bakersfield California.

gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas