Bob G.

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:59:37 -0800, "Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott"
et wrote:

I have a little project upcoming that will want some nice stained wood
bits. I don't need to match any existing wood bits, just need to get a
dark, rich-looking, slightly reddish finish on a few drawer faces. My
local HD stocks poplar and maple. Poplar is less-expensive.

HD does not sell any in expensive wood.... !
But I use Poplar more then I like because the projects I am making
(for my wife) have to sell at a price point so darn low that I there
is no way to use even expensive lumber like number 2 common pine....
lol...

But if you put on a sealer...then use a gel stain you should be able
to have it look pretty good... I am in the process right now of trying
to mix my own dyes then spraying the finish... NOT having much luck
yet with this but I have only been playing for a few days...

I use Bartlets stain most of the time...just never got good resuylts
using minwax products....

Bob Griffiths