On 9 Dec 2004 10:01:26 -0800, someone wrote:

We have a contract to buy land on five acres in Texas. I want to see
what you all think about this situation:

Your entire posts clearly demonstrates that 1) you don't know what you
are doing; and 2) you should be asking your attorney not this NG.

Since you ALREADY KNOW about these possible easements, the Seller's
and Realtor's "non-disclosure" is now immaterial. You do in fact
know. You CANNOT go farther, and then still invoke that they didn't
tell you, because you in fact do know.

In my area, searching title is the responsibility of the Buyer, who
will be stuck with the results. No Buyer here would even WANT the
Seller to be responsible for any "title report". Its in the Buyer's
interest to find everything, and the Seller's to gloss over any
problems. As Buyer, who do you want to be doing the report? But of
course custom varies by area.

Get your lawyer on this.

The power company is not going to move the line unless you pay the big
bucks to have it done.

If you don't like the above, NOW is the time to say "you didn't
disclose the power line, I found it out about it, I want out. Sorry
you can't wait until the closing and then pop this.

-v.