NSM

"NJ" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| We have a central air unit, and I was wondering if it is excessive to have
| the condensor taken out and cleaned once every other year.

That's like removing your auto engine to change the oil - insane.

| It's a Payne natural gas unit, (GB1AAV036065) with a blue plastic?
cleanable
| filter. They replaced the blue plastic filter with a fiberglass blue
filter.
| It fits poorly.

Get a better filter.

| The two air vents do not have filters. I was thinking that air is getting
| sucked in and clogging the condenser unit? Is this excessive?

Find an A/C serviceperson with a functioning brain and some experience.

| Also, sometimes when the is igniting, it sounds like the gas is on, but it
| fails to ignite? Or it sounds like it does ignite but the unit fails to
| notice it's ignited? It happens about once in every 4 cycles.

Misaligned ignitor system.

| It has been cleaned before because it would not heat. It would try to
ignite
| 3 times and then just stop.
|
| Just wondering if changing the vent opening and putting in a filtering
vent
| would help it out.

Amateur repairs can lead to death or other negative consequences. Read a
book, and find a skilled repairman.