Broadback

Medallion Man wrote:

Recently I needed a compression slip coupler to replace some CH
pipework in a relly confined space with zero slack in the pipes
themselves and too much heat-sensitive stuff nearby to allow my limited
soldering skills to be used. A long (repair-type) slip coupler would
not have worked because there wasn't enough of a straight pipe run to
put it on. I ended up taking a normal straight compression coupler to
an engineering shop and asked them to remove the pipe stop on a lathe.

Isn't there *anyone* who stocks simple straight compression slip
couplers ? Seems to me there'd be a ready market for them for use in
tight spots.

I second that, in order to move a bathroom connection I had to take the
floor up in a adjacent bedroom, cut the pipe, withdraw it, remake the
joint, push it back under then join my cut. An hours job took most the day.