ERich10983

I just had standing seam metal roofing put on our house this summer. The price
quote at $4500 was about $1000 cheaper than conventional asphalt shingles. Two
guys did the whole thing in four days total.

Granted, my roofing is pretty simple with no valleys. The only complication was
the solar collector frame on the almost flat dormer roof. We just unbolted one
leg at a time (collectors canted to the south) and slid the metal roofing under
the leg. I made some treated lumber pads to spread the load. After we gooped
the whole pad up with silicone, the leg was set back down and the clamping bolt
hole redrilled and reinstalled.

I was a treat watching the sheets of ice sliding off after the latest storm. I
was a little concerned whether the roofing would be noisy during heavy rain,
but I couldn't tell the difference.

Earle Rich
Mont Vernon, NH