Lurch

Default Removing Tiles

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:12:44 +0000 (UTC), "Des"
wrote:

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
.net...
I was planning on taking a hammer and chisel to them - but is there a
better/recommended way of doing it.

See thread "Following on from the SDS drill discussion earlier, anyone

rate
NuTool stuff?" above. I'd estimate doing the job you suggest with hammer

and
chisel would take half a day and leave hundreds of shards of tile stuck to
the wall. With an SDS chisel, about 15 minutes. Most tiles will come off
whole and unbroken. It is simply inconceivable that you wouldn't use an

SDS
chisel for this job. It is an intensely satisfying job.

Sounds just the job.

I'm assuming that one uses some form of chissel attachement on the drill
when removing tiles?
And what exactly does SDS stand for?

If you search on uk.d-i-y for articles containing SDS since 01\01\04
there are a few threads going into this subject.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.