Mike

"Owain" wrote in message
"Mike" wrote
| Doesn't mean we can't have a good inta-lek-tulle discussion about dead
| languages, does it ? :-)
| Might come in handy when the EU decides Latin is the best common
| denominator language for a set of European building regs ;-)

Up here in the top bit of Britain we still have a Roman legal system and

our
advocates are all trained in Roman law in order to qualify.

Personally, I think the rather older Code of Hammurabi has its advantages.

229: If a builder has built a house for a man and his work is not strong,
and if the house he has built falls in an kills the householder, that
builder shall be slain. ... 233: If a builder has built a house for a man,
and his work is not done properly and a wall shifts, then that builder

shall
make that wall good with his own silver.

Sounds like simple "eye for an eye" that is still used in most of the world
and was a good basis for law here until the Liberals started tinkering with
things during QV's reign.