Phil

Whichever handed you are, are there are times when you need to measure
from
the RHS of an object, and times when you need to measure from the LHS.

So you really need *two* tape measures - one each way round in order
always
to be able to read it the right way up.

Frankly, if I did this, I'd never have the required one to hand - so I
settle for the numbers being the wrong way up 50% of the time!
--
Cheers,
Set Square

It's usually when you're measuring into a particularly awkward that you need
the left handed one. I have a right handed metre rule and a left handed
one, but what you really need is a combination. Instead of having inches
along one edge and centimetres along the other you need a left hand measure
on one edge and right hand along the other.

Phil