Andy Hall

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 01:38:54 -0000, "Owain"
wrote:

"Mike" wrote
| Doesn't mean we can't have a good inta-lek-tulle discussion about dead
| languages, does it ? :-)
| Might come in handy when the EU decides Latin is the best common
| denominator language for a set of European building regs ;-)

Up here in the top bit of Britain we still have a Roman legal system and our
advocates are all trained in Roman law in order to qualify.

Personally, I think the rather older Code of Hammurabi has its advantages.

229: If a builder has built a house for a man and his work is not strong,
and if the house he has built falls in an kills the householder, that
builder shall be slain. ... 233: If a builder has built a house for a man,
and his work is not done properly and a wall shifts, then that builder shall
make that wall good with his own silver.

Now, how do I achieve boiler interlock to B Regs compliance on a hypocaust?
:-)

Owain

So why do we have all this Building Regulations ****? It seems to me
that the legislation could be framed as above and cover all
eventualities without the bureaucracy. Cases would be clear cut and
even 'Bruiser' could understand it.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl