John Anderton

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 18:26:14 GMT, "Haircut" wrote:

A while ago we removed a stud wall to enlarge our kitchen, we were blatantly
oblivious of regulations and didn't think we needed to get planning
permission for a stud wall. oops.

Now we want to re-mortgage and have run into trouble. (The mortgage company
are asking for paperwork).

What should our next step be?

Advice Gratefully received!

Unless your house is listed or subject to some weird and wonderful
covenants you wouldn't need planning permission to remove an internal
wall. Who told you that you did ?

Building regs may be a different kettle of fish but even there I'd be
surprised if anyone cared if the wall wasn't a supporting one.

Your next step could be to tell the mortgage company to get stuffed,
politely, of course :-)

Cheers,

John