BigWallop

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
In article , BigWallop
writes

The device on the link is just an easy adaptor between standard BNC
and RJ45 connectors.

No it isn't. It does impedance matching; it converts from the 100 ohm
of Cat5 to the 75 ohm of the coax video cable.

That's what I said, it's an easy adaptor between standard BNC and RJ45
connectors. Why get all technical about a simple adaptor that does the job
without any fuss of doing the impedance matching yourself. If I'd wanted to
go into details of impedance matching with series and parallel resistor
configurations, and MOSFET screening using diode / resistor reflection, then
I would have, don't you think?

It doesn't change the fact that the link I provided to Alan shows an easy
adaptor for him to use with the cable and camera system he described.